Jan 31, 2011
Another Year of Changes: How We've Made Mail Even Easier
As another year winds to a close, we think it's appropriate not only to look forward to what the New Year holds in store, but also to do a bit of reflection on one that's just ended. So let's take a look at some of the changes Click2Mail made in 2010 to help make mail even easier:
A Revamped Click2Mail.com Website
The changes we've made to Click2Mail.com are among those that we've labeled "you asked for it" - they're based on requests from our customers. They're designed to make Click2Mail.com easier to explore and use. Our motto is "we make mail easy" and we're constantly working to make it even easier. That's why we:
• Designed a new Click2Mail.com home page - to make finding the product or service you need easier and quicker, and our great deals more visible
• Completely redesigned the cost estimator as a fully-functional planning tool (see more on that below)
• Created a shopping cart to make your checkout process easier and quicker
• Dedicated a whole page exclusively to our special offers - so you can easily browse the full array of discounts available
• Enabled you to see your full order history, right from your customer account page
• Added even more choices for you to chose between in our payment system
• Relax; with Click2Mail's new 8 p.m. deadline you've got time. Now, take the whole day to perfect your direct mail campaign - submit your order by 8 p.m. Eastern Time (5 p.m. Pacific Time) and we'll print and mail it the very next day.
• More savings with new production discounts. In 2010 we made sending direct mail even more cost effective - a move we knew you'd appreciate in these belt-tightening times. The savings apply to all of our Mailing Online products, all sizes, in black & white and color. Best of all, you'll qualify for a discount by sending as few as 1000 pieces - it's our way of treating our small business customers like big ones (of course, the more you send, the more you save!).
• A fully integrated cost estimator that you can use as your direct mail planning tool. When we revamped the Click2Mail website we decided to build out the Cost Estimator as a planning tool to help you compare features of the different mailing options (Jumbo Postcard or SpaceSaver for example?), make timing decisions (Standard or First-Class?), and ensure that the cost stays within your budget. Click on any one of the product categories from the Home page and see what we mean!
New Products and Services
• Easy Letter Sender. We've expanded the original one-page Easy letter to 10 pages, so you can now write as much as you want and still have it in the mail the next day. We've also expanded the "Easy Sender" products category (which started out as simple one-page letters) to include Picture Postcards. It works in much the same way as the original Easy Letter Sender letters:
o No registration is required, so creating your postcards is incredibly fast
o Super-simple editor - quickly typing in your message and adding your images have never been easier
o You simply click and chose a favorite photo to personalize the front of your postcard with your own full color image (or use ours), plus your return address can now be personalized with a thumbnail photo or logo
o Your message can be composed in our easy editor, which now includes several font size and style options; and we'll fit the text in all the right places
We've also expanded the original one-page Easy letter to 10 pages, so you can now write as much as you want and still have it in the mail the next day.
• 2 new postcard options. When you don't have a lot to say, but you need to be heard, postcards are perfect for concise messages that really stand out. Now, Click2Mail makes postcard mailing even more attention-grabbing with two new options. You asked for them, and we listened.
o The new jumbo postcard. In direct mail, size matters. And generally speaking, bigger is better. Click2Mail's new jumbo postcard, here by popular demand, really pops out of the mailbox.
o The new full-bleed option. Bleed is a printing term that refers to printing that goes beyond the edge of crop marks indicating where paper should be trimmed. When you choose the full bleed option your card will be printed with color to the very edge - no white border. That can make for a more catching, dramatic postcard that really highlights your message.
• Printshop - we print, you mail. Have you ever wished that you could get the same high-quality printed materials that Click2Mail prints and mails for you, but mail them yourself? Now you can, with Printshop - the latest in our line of "You asked for it!" service enhancements.
o With Printshop you can order the same kinds of printed products that Click2Mail offers through Mailing Online - postcards, invitations, announcements, flyers - and mail them yourself. You'll also find a variety of other printed products - greeting cards, business cards, magnets and memo pads, for starters.
More Mailing List Choices
• The Real Property and New Movers Lists. This year we added two new lists to our Click2Mail Mailing List Center.
o Real Property is a list of real property owners across the U.S. that offers more than 59 million records, including selects such as number of bedrooms, estimated equity, and presence of a pool and fireplace. Market to property owners based on the characteristics of the property rather than the characteristics of the household. Segment any portion of the list to find your best prospects. Learn more about the Real Property List.
o Acxiom New Movers List contains more than 6 million consumers who have moved in the past 6 months. This targeted segment is ideal for products and services that consumers need to help them adapt to a new location, household, and lifestyle.
• Social Networker. Social Networker, a new option in our consumer mailing list, indicates the number of social network sites that a consumer is known to be a member of (including both free social and paid commercial networks). Though the data don't reveal the specific social network(s) the consumer belongs to, it opens up a wealth of opportunities for linking your direct mail and social media strategies. Learn more about Social Networker.
• 12 Steps to Direct Mail Success: a complete handbook for planning and executing a successful direct mail campaign
• A Baker's Dozen Tips on Integrating Direct Mail with Other Marketing Channels and Business Processes: direct mail is no island; learn how to fuse it with other marketing strategies for maximum success
• Annual Mailing Calendar: you'll never again have to rack your brain for a good mailing idea in March - or any other month
Listening to You
Thank you for your business in 2010. Please let me know personally if you have any comments or suggestions on how we can serve you better in 2011.